Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
About the Company: Aleon Metals is the leading catalyst and lithium-ion battery recycling company that recovers sustainable critical metals to build infrastructure and power renewable energy. The company was founded in 1973 at Freeport, Texas. Our catalyst division, Gladieux Metals Recycling is the largest spent catalyst recycler in North America. The battery division, Aleon Renewable Metals is building plants to generate 10 GWh of battery metals suitable for electric vehicles and electrical storage systems. Through commercially proven, proprietary technology, Aleon Metals aims to be a global technology leader in the recovery of critical metals and innovator in the green energy sector.
Position Summary: The Senior Accountant will work with the Accounting team to support the monthly operating activities and monthly close/financial reporting for multiple companies, support the accounts payable and month end accrual processes, assist with quarterly compliance reporting, research technical guidance on accounting issues, assist with external audits and third party tax preparation, as well as develop and implement process activities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and post journal entries to assist in month-end close for several businesses.
- Ensure that journal entries are properly coded and evidenced by supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review, process and reconcile monthly corporate credit card transactions to ensure proper support and coding.
- Track intercompany expenses and prepare monthly intercompany billings.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare the month-end AP accrual for multiple companies.
- Cross-train to support Site Controller and AP Clerk roles as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and other required entity reporting.
- Assist Corporate Controller and Site Controller with technical accounting research and other special projects as necessary.
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit with outside audit firm.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and report preparation as assigned.
- Ensure adherence to and effectiveness of internal controls within the organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive accounting experience required with a combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel required, including complex/compound spreadsheets.
- Aptean Ross ERP software experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to research, solve problems, and take initiative to recommend process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to determine priorities and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of moderately complex procedures and practices of accounting.
- Ability to work well independently and deal effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and concerns with discretion.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to:
- Push, pull and lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
- Stand, sit, walk, reach and bend as required.
- Sit at a desk and operate a computer for an entire shift.
- Wear safety gear and required PPE as required for any on-site plant visits.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit resumes through our website at www.AleonMetals.com.
Please list “Senior Accountant” as the desired position.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **