Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
The Safety Technician will provide Health & Safety (H&S) Delivery support to Gladieux Metals Recycling (GMR)
and Contractor Safety Department. The delivery support includes coordinating existing H&S programs,
compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards, achievement of H&S goals, and implementing H&S
management systems and work processes. The incumbent will work closely with leadership and plant personnel
to ensure full compliance, enhanced H&S awareness, and improved performance. This role also includes
partnership with GMR contractor companies as their safety contact liaison.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Identify opportunities to improve Safety policies & procedures, utilizing best practices.
· Provide assistance in the development and implementation of new policies and procedure.
· Plan, Schedule and provide required Safety training, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
· Facilitate compliance with regulations & standards i.e. OSHA, RCRA, EPA, NFPA.
· Participate in the development and implementation of Safety Plans for every major
· Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance
with safety standards and government regulations.
· Conduct and verify monthly inspections
· Participate in and provide data for H&S audits/assessments
· Identify opportunities to streamline H&S implementation resources and work processes
· Assist in maintain Industrial Hygiene (IH) programs
· Maintain and audit Behavior-Based Performance processes
· Perform Health & Safety Review for Management of Change (MOC) documents.
· Initiate and support MOC for Health & Safety standards, rules and processes in a timely manner and
ensure MOC closure.
· Participate in Investigations and respond to all Safety incidents, including root cause analysis, then work
with Management team to create a corrective action plan.
· Attend Contractor incident investigations.
· Assess project activities to determine applicable safety requirements and standards and ensure that
plans are in place prior to execution to manage those risks.At Risk process management between planning and execution.
· Work with contractor planners to ensure they are trained on H&S aspects of the planning process.
· Review the project plans and safety requirements for the project with the operations facility and assure
alignment before project execution.
· Ensure all elements of the Life Saving, and Site Safety Standards are effectively integrated into job
plans and executed.
· Work with the observer groups to ensure that the plans are communicated and followed during
· Evaluate need for and participate in safety reviews to ensure consistency and quality.
· Flag potential hazards and job reviews needed during the planning stages and ensure the appropriate
reviews are conducted prior to execution.
· Incorporate key components for safety in the job plan (i.e.: congestion and density of workers in work
area, relations of jobs maintenance jobs and operations tasks, ergonomic issues, hoisting and rigging
activities, scaffold placement, best available tools). Give feedback to contractor so that jobs are
sequenced based on H&S concerns or that mitigation plans are in place to eliminate the hazards.
· Verify items identified in risk assessments during Front End Loading (FEL) are incorporated into job
· Ensure all Fire extinguishers, hoses, connections, valves, and nozzles are maintained.
· Keep safety and response equipment and supplies organized and fully stocked.
· Calibrate gas monitors for field assignments as required.
· Associate degree in occupational safety, Industrial hygiene, or equivalent and a minimum of five years of
work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in a safety role with certifications.
· One or more of the preferred certifications: CSHO, OHST, CHST, SHEP, CEP, SSH.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Good dealing with uncertainty/subjectivity.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures or government regulations.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
· Must use utmost discretion in all presentations, correspondence and communication with and for staff
and top management.
· Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel with the ability to build multiple
spreadsheets which can be transformed into clear and concise reports.
· 80% of your work day is expected to be spent in the field unless otherwise directed by your supervisor.
· Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold,
wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and
employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
· Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required as needed.
· Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
· Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
· Must be able to pass respirator fit test and a drug and alcohol test.
· Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
All interested candidates should apply at www.aleonmetals.com.
Candidates can send resume to [email protected]
Veterans Are Welcomed!
** Equal Opportunity Employer **