Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Foster a plant wide preventive maintenance culture within the maintenance, engineering and production groups.
- Perform problem root cause analysis based on data and implement corrective action.
- Maintain the plant’s non-destructive testing systems to the current level of technology.
- Assist in coordination of training for the plant’s maintenance employees on reliability-related skills.
- Design and install new equipment or facilities, and modifications to existing equipment that will improve the plant’s performance in key measures (i.e. uptime, cost, yield, etc.).
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing techniques to maximize asset uptime and minimize production waste within facility.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize equipment reliability, and minimize cost.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or 15 years related experience
- A minimum of five years of work-related skill, knowledge, and experience in maintenance or reliability engineering.
- Preference given to candidates with classroom training and application of root cause problem solving, analytical data interpretation and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided, and employees are required to always wear designated PPE.
- Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to volunteer for call-out opportunities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and employment physical including a drug and alcohol test.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
All interested candidates should apply at www.AleonMetals.com.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **