Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
Position Summary: Support processing and Administration by providing timely and accurate information. Responsible for optimizing all process activities to ensure vanadium pentoxide and molybdenum trioxide are recovered in a safe, cost effective manner. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform tests throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables, including temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new product and test proposed process in small scale operation such as a pilot plant.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Design and plan layout of equipment.
- Propose new programs to address future technological needs of the corporation.
- Propose, design and conduct research that leads to new product or process development.
- Develop strategies related to automation and instrumentation of new or existing processes.
- Supervise start-up of new processes or process modification.
- Provide support to Marketing and Sales in customer related problems and to operations on plant or process problems.
- Maintain records of project work and write timely reports upon completion.
- Prepare quarterly progress reports.
- Support GMR’s Management strategy by contributing a technical management viewpoint to product, business and resource allocation decisions.
- Establish objectives for process development/improvement.
- Work with operations in the transfer of technology to the manufacturing process.
- Protect, enhance and broaden the technological base of the company while providing real-time, applied, solutions in support of on-going operations.
- Coordinate, direct, and manage all R&D, analytical, and technical activities.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Two to five years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in at least one of the fields of metal extraction via Hydrometallurgical, Pyrometallurgical, Solvent Extraction, Roasting/Calcining.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to:
- Push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Stand, sit, walk, reach and bend as required.
- Sit at a desk and operate a computer for an entire shift.
- Wear safety gear and required PPE.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test and pass criminal background check including a drug test.
- Some work will be performed inside the plant facility, indoors/outdoors, in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, mild cold, wind and rain.
- Salary position: days, nights, weekends and holidays may be required or as needed to meet production goals.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to [email protected].
Veterans are Welcomed
** Equal Opportunity Employer **