Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
As the Principal Battery Recycling Scientist on our team, you will lead the advancement of our patented battery recycling process through lab scale work, pilot plant and full plant commissioning. Responsibilities will include:
- Driving forward Aleon’s patented battery recycling process with external laboratories and contractors to full commercial scale operations
- Coordinating with external laboratories to handle the regular experiment and material characterization operations (domestic /international travel will be required)
- Leading the current technical and scientific projects for recycling spent LIBs cathode and anode materials, including synthesis, characterization, and analysis
- Executing electrochemical testing and experimental plans based on research and using appropriate lab equipment, industry best and safe practices
- Collecting battery material samples, running tests, reviewing, and evaluating material capacity and performance results, including interpreting data for the synthesized materials and their electrochemistry Participating in designing and executing electrochemical testing and experimental plans based on R&D projects and using appropriate lab equipment, industry best and safe practices
- Maintain awareness of the state-of-the-art in technical areas of responsibility, and its relevance/importance to corporate needs. Prepare timely, high-quality internal reports to management and execute patent applications
- Maintaining a clean and safe lab environment in accordance with PNE Lab Safety and EHS policies and procedures
- Assist with Gladieux Metals Recycling’s laboratory on an as needed basis
- Be an effective member of internal and external project teams in key scientific and technical areas
- PhD in Science or Engineering in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- 10+ years of industry experience
- A hands-on researcher who designs, performs, and/or oversees experiments and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of electrochemical energy storage materials
- Extensive knowledge of electrolytes, salts, solvents, and additives
- Strong skills in organic and/or inorganic synthesis and characterization
- Deep understanding of material-property relationship
- Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices testing and design
- Thorough knowledge of underlying mechanisms of battery materials interaction and battery recycling
- Experience with patent writing and the publication of scientific papers is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to:
- Push, pull and lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
- Stand, sit, walk, reach and bend as required.
- Sit at a desk and operate a computer for an entire shift.
- Wear safety gear and required PPE.
- Pass employment physical including a drug and alcohol test.
All interested candidates should apply at www.AleonMetals.com.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **