Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
The Operator will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure plant production is efficient, safe, and environmentally compliant. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Detect and report questionable conditions to the department supervisor and take corrective action as required.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Troubleshoot general or recurring issues and make recommendations to supervisor.
- Adhere to Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures at all times.
- Operate basic hand-held and power tools & equipment such as to but not limited to forklift, and barrel grabbers.
- Write/review WA’s and JSA’s.
- Review alarms with CCR. Check levels and trends at the beginning of each shift and periodically throughout the shift and respond appropriately by making plant adjustments and elevating issues as needed.
- Use, review and update procedures.
- Startup/Shutdown of process equipment and process walkthrough check including planning.
- Work with operators to troubleshoot and resolve plant operational problems and respond to alarms.
- Monitor process trends and make necessary changes.
- Request work orders needed from Maintenance and use Operations Maintenance Log, if needed.
- Perform shift activity coordination duties, including prioritization and coordination of tasks with other shift team members to accomplish goals each shift.
- Check environmental dates and inspections as well as possible violations with communication.
- Use process knowledge and skills to review, create and make improvements in plant performance and operating discipline.
- Perform sample analysis for Plant Process and conduct PH readings and calibrations.
- Perform necessary regulatory inspections and reporting as scheduled. (Method 22/001 log sheets/002 storm water/etc.)
- Perform responsibilities for necessary units in absence of an operator.
- Participate in troubleshooting and non-routine plant issues. Ensure that on-shift SOP’s are occurring per the guidelines.
- Interact with Maintenance and Supervisors to coordinate proper work instructions.
- Help train operations personnel, participate in assessments, and identify requirements and skills that are needed to complete assessments for operations.
- Monitor production schedule and ensure to drive plant accordingly.
- Be a resource to all operators with knowledge of different units.
- Keep all areas clean as well as containment pits and roadways.
- Check inventory and communicate on any process items needed to continue operation.
- Act as the Immediate Response Leader.
High school diploma or equivalent required along with one year of experience in operations. Associates degree in Process Operations or related field is preferred. Must be able to:
- Lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and climb stairs and ladders for an entire shift.
- Pass respirator fit test and successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
- Follow written & verbal instructions and communicate to effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Receiving and successfully pass training for OSHA, LOTO, DOT, HAZMAT, NCCER, RCRA, Site-Specific Training and any other required certifications for the position.
- Work will be performed inside the plant facility, indoors/outdoors, in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
- Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to volunteer for call-out opportunities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and employment physical including a drug and alcohol test.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.