Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
The Material Handler will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is efficient and safe. Specific duties include but are not limited to
- Performs typical Material Handler operations to support the Warehouse Department.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines as required.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety and environmental regulations.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Complete required training as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Required to be familiar with basic handheld tools and equipment such as front end loaders, forklifts, cranes, scissors lifts, barrel grabbers and portable air compressors.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Weigh, label and prepare product for shipment.
- Unload catalyst railcars.
- Unload roll-off’s and sample feed pad as required.
- Unload and sample store bins from trucks.
- Keep oil drain inside containment buildings unplugged and maintained
- Housekeeping for safety and environmental maintenance and prevention
- Transfer and haul catalyst to the containment buildings and feed pad for plant operations
- Calculate pounds and kilograms for shipments
- Must be familiar with all the equipment and tools to perform the tasks stated above.
- Able to perform basic set-ups and maintenance on the equipment and tools that are used on them.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to receive and complete training in the following areas: OSHA, LOTO, DOT, HAZMAT, RCRA, Site-Specific Training and all other trainings/certifications as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required along with three years or more warehouse and or chemical loading and unloading experience. Forklift certification required. Must be able to:
- Lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and climb stairs and ladders for an entire shift.
- Pass respirator fit test and successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
- Follow written & verbal instructions and communicate to effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Receiving and successfully pass training for OSHA, LOTO, DOT, HAZMAT, NCCER, RCRA, Site-Specific Training and any other required certifications for the position.
- Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
- Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to volunteer for call-out opportunities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and employment physical including a drug and alcohol test.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.