Gladieux Metals Recycling
To support the growth of the Company, we are building a world class team of experienced professionals. Aleon Metals is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to maintain the plant and keep it running mechanically.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining the plant and keep it running mechanically. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing equipment, machines, elevators, pumps, furnaces, mobile equipment, conveyors, mixers, blowers, filter press, thickener rakes, ball mills, mapcake filters, agitators, vacuum receivers, hammer mills, fusion furnace screws, fitzmills, separators, strippers, hydraulic units, exchangers, flapgates skimmers, cyclouaire cyclones, exhaust fans.
- Grease bearings, check oil levels, take readings and perform daily maintenance on cooling towers.
- Communicate equipment issues to operations supervision.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure that machinery continues to run smoothly, that building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of the buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters and perform other maintenance items.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical & electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Operate in a manner consistent with GMR Safety and HR policies/procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED required along with a minimum of five years of experience in the maintenance of a process manufacturing facility.
- Ability to understand process flow diagrams and P&IDs
- Follow written & verbal instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Receiving and successfully pass training for OSHA, LOTO, DOT, HAZMAT, NCCER, RCRA, Site-Specific Training and any other required certifications for the position.
- Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
- Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to volunteer for call-out opportunities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test, criminal background check and a drug test.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **