Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for the following duties but are not limited to:
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas.
- Calibrate or verify calibration of equipment as defined in procedure for each instrument or test method. Record results.
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment. Prepare workstation for next day’s samples.
- Store samples that must be retained and properly dispose or recycle test samples each week or end of shift set.
- Communicate issues with test results and equipment to lab supervisor or other management staff and assist with resolution.
- Report and request missing samples from production and warehouse as necessary.
- Prepare data and upload results to Ross (ERP System) on a daily basis as results are available.
- Receiving and successfully pass training for OSHA, LOTO, DOT, HAZMAT, NCCER, RCRA, Site-Specific Training and any other required certifications for the position.
Specific Lab Tests and Equipment:
- Grinding room – prepare solid samples and analyze for LOI, moisture, bulk density, sieve, grinding, carbon/sulfur.
- XRF – prepare samples for X-ray analysis (fusion method-prepare flux, matrix, balance weighing)
- Wastewater –pH samples, 001 auto-sampler, taking readings, obtaining samples, analyzing for pH, TSS, metals, NH3, TOC, etc.;
- Prepare samples for outside lab testing and compile results.
- Finished Products – MoO3, V2O5 and Ni Alloy – dissolve & analyze by ICP
- Process Samples – filter, pH, mV, dilute, analyze for molybdenum, vanadium, tungsten, & chlorides by ICP, analyze for NH3 using distillation & titration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Chemical Technology, or two years of on-the-job experience in a laboratory or the equivalent.
- Working knowledge of sample preparation, dilution and analyses for ICP, Titrations, pH, XRF, TOC and other lab equipment.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Basic report writing experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Innovative mindset and desire to see constant lab operations improvement.
- Work is usually indoors in a lab environment; however, collection of information or samples will require periodic visits to the plant facility. Work that may be performed in a plant facility is outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided, and employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
- Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to volunteer for call-out opportunities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and background testing and drug testing.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
All interested candidates should apply at www.aleonmetals.com.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **