Gladieux Metals Recycling
The I&E Technician will work with the maintenance team to troubleshoot and maintain instruments, controls, and
equipment necessary to plant operations. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop one-line drawings and electrical drawings
• Follow a detailed Scope of Work
• Perform system commissioning and installation of new or replacement equipment
• Assist engineers with the electrical and instrumentation aspects of process design and construction
such as the material selection, documentation, and calibration requirements
• Work with operations and maintenance teams to resolve I & E issues
• Work with engineers to develop and maintain the DCS monitoring and controls systems
• Monitor the equipment and electrical processes of the plant
• Oversee the proper handling of all materials involved in electrical assemblies
• Responsible for keeping costs to a minimum in the ordering of materials and delivery costs
• Maintain the MCC buildings and electrical requirements of the plant
• Other duties as required
• Licensed I & E Journeyman or Master Electrician. Must have NCCER.
• Minimum of 5 years Industrial I & E or Master Electrician experience
• Ability to prepare, read, and understand electrical and one-line diagrams
• Ability to assist with DCS programming and computer based operational control systems
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold,
wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and
employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
• Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required
per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to
volunteer for call-out opportunities.
• Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
• Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
• Must be able to pass respirator fit test and a drug and alcohol test.
• Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **