Gladieux Metals Recycling
Position Summary: The Electrician is responsible for safely inspecting, testing, repairing, installing, and modifying electrical components and systems within the GMR facility. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine and complex diagnostic trouble-shooting.
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical components.
- Maintain and update files and records pertaining to plant electrical systems and components.
- Provide technical support to management.
- Monitor and maintain all plant electrical systems to assure reliable, on-stream performance.
- May be required to perform work normally performed by a Multi-Skilled Mechanic.
- Follow a detailed Scope of Work
- Perform system commissioning and installation of new or replacement equipment
- Oversee the proper handling of all materials involved in electrical assemblies
- Other duties as required
- Licensed I & E Journeyman or Master Electrician
- Associates level degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent with combined work experience acceptable; minimum of 5 years Industrial I & E or Master Electrician experience
- Ability to prepare, read, and understand electrical wiring diagrams
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess math skills necessary to perform essential job functions and Quality requirements. Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, division and multiplication, be able to effectively use fractions and decimals and convert from one to the other. Must understand metric measurements. Quality requires the individual to collect various types of quantifiable data and plot these on to a control chart. Uses of averages, ranges and standard deviations.
- Must be able to read instruction manuals, written job procedures, safety policies, MSDS, hazard warnings, and Quality related material.
- Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
- Rotating shift work is required for this position. Overtime, nights, weekends and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals. Employees may be called upon to volunteer for call-out opportunities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders for an entire shift.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and a drug and alcohol test.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **