Website Gladieux Metals Recycling
The Electrical Engineer duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and document power distribution system.
- Participate as Owner’s representative in projects related to power distribution.
- Confer, coordinate and participate in potential engineering projects, changes to equipment design or operational procedure.
- Design, implement and improve equipment, facilities, components and systems to increase plant performance or safety.
- Perform calculations as needed to support recommended engineering changes.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design, equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment and order as needed.
- Supervise and consult with safety employees on safe work conditions and practices.
- Ensure the plant is maintained in accordance with applicable electrical codes and safety standards.
- Conduct Root Cause investigations of any electrical equipment failures, help maintenance record the necessary data to limit electrical failures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering is required and a minimum of five years work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
- Some high voltage DC power experience is preferred.
- Work will be performed in a plant facility, outdoors in all weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind and precipitation. Work may be performed in tight, confined spaces that require appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regularly exposed to dust, noise, odors, chemicals and fumes. Appropriate PPE will be provided and employees are required to wear designated PPE at all times.
- Nights, weekends and holidays may be required per the established schedule or as needed to meet production goals.
Must be able to:
- Push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds of material and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Sit at a desk and operate a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and employment physical including a drug and alcohol test.
- Must wear safety gear and required PPE.
All interested candidates should apply at www.aleonmetals.com.
** Equal Opportunity Employer **